Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paper Mache Bowls, Letter and American Flags




Projects my art class is working on. They asked for paper mache so we started with the basic bowl, I am hoping they will finish up the last coats of paper mache in the next class, then we can move onto painting. The bowl in the picture is finished- I think it turned out really good. We worked on tearing small pieces of paper (kids want to use HUGE pieces) and not soaking the pieces, the result is almost no bumps, very smooth looking. We are also working on American Flags for the 4th of July. All of the flags should be ready to go home by the end of the month. The letter is something I am working on- the only problem was I did not measure correctly so I have a little bit of a lopsided L, but I have never measured correctly so oh well........

No comments: