Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Becoming a Famous Masterpiece


In my Elementary Education courses we were taught about "becoming the character" you know so you can really think how someone feels, what it would be like to be that person, thing, whatever. I remember having to choose what "building I would be" and why- it was really strange and also a very creative process. Just think how people who create movies think or people who write books. Really, think about how people create movies like Monsters Inc., Cars, Over the Hedge, The Bee Movie. You really have to pretend to be that character to create it. So anyways ..........that was all really off subject.... the real thing I wanted to share was my cute little student who "Became the Masterpiece" today. She was really happy, she even got to put her handprints on my painting uniform (I'll never mix those jeans up again with my good ones :) not to sure how here mom felt though- she painted her own clothes too :( I really wonder why I forgot to pull out the painting smock????? a little confused to as to why I let her paint right next to my fancy Japanese walls (they are covered in paper and I don't think they would clean well) really, questioning my brain this afternoon. Oh well. It was a fun day. If I find something cute in her size when I go to the U.S. I'll snag it :) but for now on - this is her painting uniform!

No comments: