Friday, July 24, 2009

Guest Speaker Camp Adventure 2009




Yesterday I taught collage at Camp Adventure. For those unfamiliar with Camp Adventure it is a really cool program that brings a "real day camp style camp" to military bases around the world, they are also at U.S. Embassies too. They do all the fun stuff a day camp would do, rock climbing, hiking, arts and crafts, sports, games, camp songs, skits, swimming, kayaking, marine sports, the beach and every week they go on a super cool field trip to somewhere here in Japan. It is the best money we spend for our homeschooling all year. So many experiences to be gained!

Anyways- I usually come to teach a project so this year we did mini 4 inch canvas using collage. I also talk about and show my artwork, this year I brought my Big Happy the Giraffe. The kids get to use "professional" quality supplies and they make artwork that turns out great. I think it is a Great experience for them.

Here are 3 of the great counselors we got this year! The first picture is a counselor with a "real" name and I cannot remember,then there is Ms. Marathon and Mr. Flip! (sports themed names this year) While Ms. Marathon dove right into the project the other 2 very a little hesitant but with a push they started creating- the amazing part is they created some cool stuff :) so sometimes just a little push is all it takes- say hmmmm start with a flower, tree, flag and then the ideas cam start flowing! The class was a great one to teach this year, very well behaved, helpful and I don't think I hear once "I can't" or "I don't know what to do" Everyone just dove in and made some really creative stuff! Now to get back there Monday to get pictures of all the artwork once it has dried! Enjoy!

No comments: