Monday, April 6, 2009

New Zealand

Got an e-mail from the lady in New Zealand about the exchange. My collages are displayed in both galleries- as soon as I can find the pictures I will post them here. Not much going on- teaching classes, going places (see my other blog- www.myjapanesehome.blogspot.com and my flickr) been trying to conform to a "normal persons schedule" but all that has been doing is frustrating me and I am accomplishing less. I think I am better off staying up till 3 am and sleeping till 10 ish and actually accomplishing something- I think it is ridiculous............ How come people have to look at you like there is something wrong with you because you do stuff until 3 am and sleep late....... I have had someone actually ask me what was wrng with me!!!!! I have GOALS!!! and they seem to be able to get accomplished if I work late! It is funny................ I am trying to finish my degree which would allow me to teach- pre-k, HeadStart, Elem, Jr. High and High School, with a couple more art classes- art too and if I throw in another reading class and 2 more special ed, those too- which would make me very marketable. I would love to teach art (exhibiting makes me more marketable for this too) but it is weird that I would stay up late............. Now I thought about it....... If I told someone I was working on my onlike classes and homework till 3 am for medical school or on my law degree they would think OH.... or if I was a nurse and worked till 1 am and slept at 3 and woke at 10 they would think nothing of it, any night shift job for that matter but for some weird reason I am an outcast because of my schedule............ this was part of the thing that is good about homeschooling.... my son reads till around 11:30 and wakes around 9:30 then reads in his bed till 10 when I wake up and then we eat breakfast............ why is this considered weird????? It's not like I am doing it because I am lazy!!!!! Infact I heave less sleep problems when I am not trying to conform......... What do you think?

3 comments:

BookWormz said...

hmmm, interesting dilema... I would think that if it works for you, keep doing it! My only concern would be what happens when your son leaves the nest - will he be able to conform to a more traditional schedule? Probably... :)

soundofwork-mailart said...

Hi Sarah, take a look here: http://zenhabits.net/2009/04/how-to-become-a-late-riser/. Hope that helps you to feel better. Greetings from Germany, Cordula

soundofwork-mailart said...

Hi Sarah, take a look here: http://zenhabits.net/2009/04/how-to-become-a-late-riser/. Hope that helps you to feel better. Greetings from Germany, Cordula